Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sweat Pants, Itching, and TV

I feel the need to update everyone on my progress, but don't really know where to start. I am starting to feel almost normal again. I miss the gym and I even miss work! Today was the first day since my surgery that I haven't taken a nap. I went to a friend's baby shower this afternoon. It was nice to get dressed and be able to talk to other grown-ups. I had to wear a dress. It was SO uncomfortable wearing jeans for the t-ball game yesterday. I'm going to hit the mall tomorrow for a few pairs of "fancy" sweat pants to wear out in public while I am still swollen.

The itching? Oh, the itching! I still itch- A LOT! My doctor took me off of all medication and the itching improved, but I still itch. It is way worse in my arms than in my stomach. I am still taking benedryl at night and putting on lotion several times a day. A cool wash cloth has also helped.

Since being on house arrest (AKA- recovery), I have discovered a renewed love of daytime TV. My favorites? Judge Judy, People's Court, I didn't know I was pregnant (How could you not know?!?!), and 16 and Pregnant. I find myself watching these shows wondering why in the world I am watching them. A friend of mine compared them to a train wreck where you just can't turn away.

I go in on Tuesday for the doctor to check and make sure I am not accumulating fluid since removing my last drain tube. I have one more week off and then I am back to work. Initially I was only going to take 2 weeks off. I am so glad that I decided to take a 3rd week off. There is no way I'd be ready to go back to work tomorrow.

I am going to start recording my food again tomorrow. There is a little part of me that is looking forward to getting out my food scale and measuring cups. I have felt so out of control during this recovery- the pain, the itching, the incisions. I can't exercise, but I can control my food. Here's to a healthy week! :)

2 comments:

  1.  Good to hear your progress Kari! I'm excited that you get to start measuring tomorrow... have as much fun as possible with that 1/2 cup or 3/4 cup or whatever it may be! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you to have gotten this done. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing ok and recovering well.  I don't remember having a ton of itching though there was some, hope it goes away for you soon. Yep love the sweat type pants :)  

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.