Sunday, May 8, 2011

Surgery Eve... Pre-Op Pictures

*WARNING- There are real skin pictures below... It's NOT pretty! If you don't want to see pictures of my excess skin then you had better stop looking....

In a little less than 12 hours I will be in surgery. I am getting a tummy tuck and arm lift. I've been hesitating to post hanging skin pictures, but I figure that by the time most of you see these I'll already be in surgery and I won't look like this anymore. :)  I've really struggled with my excess skin- especially during exercise. It pulls, pounds, and bounces at all the wrong times. Clothing shopping has become a huge challenge since clothes that fit though my waist are HUGE in the legs or fit through the arms and are huge through the chest. I am anxious to get into the operating room and begin this new step in my journey.
So... here goes.....


Front Arm

Rear Arm


Front Stomach

Side Stomach

  

Hanging Stomach
See you on the other side of anesthesia.... 


Kari :) 










6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the after pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying you have a safe surgery -- see you on the other side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I just want to say bless you! Bless your heart for posting these. I feel like I'm looking at pics of my own stomach. I hate it, but seeing that someone else whose lost a bunch of weight looks very similiar is comforting. When I see my stomach I still feel like I weigh 280 pounds
    :( I wish you a safe and awesome surgery and can't wait to see your post-op pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're doing well after surgery, and:

    I gave you an award:http://beyondwillpower.blogspot.com/2011/05/stylish-blogger-award-thanks-faith.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. for some reason your comment form is weird and is listing me as alicia birmingham when it should be listing me as beyond willpower. oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kari, your stomach and arms look very similar to my before pics too. I think your after stomach though will look a lot better than mine. I hope surgery went ok for you yesterday. I've been praying for you and thinking about you. Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.