Thursday, June 6, 2013

Best Laid Plans

The plan: Ride to the pool (4 miles), swim 500 yards, ride home.

What really happened:

Have you seen my suit?
Where's my bike lock?
Uggghhh can't find a backpack to use!

Ok, I'm dressed. Suit on under my clothes. This feels weird. DO NOT LIKE THIS! How am I going to ride a bike with my suit on after the swim????

Bike to the pool. Nice ride, mostly downhill. A few cars didn't like sharing the road with me. I wish we had more bike lanes. 

Arrive at the pool. Lock up my bike (Yes, I found my lock). Pray that no one steals my bike. Walk in to the pool.

Pool is closed for lap swim for 2 weeks. WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! But I called to make sure you were open. "I'm sorry Ma'am".  I am so not a Ma'am. 

Back out to the bike. No one stole it. Woo hoo! Call husband to complain.
Back on the road. 

Remember the ride home that was mostly downhill? It's uphill going back. 

Start riding home while pouting about not being able to swim. I wanted to do two sports today. WAIT! I can run when I get home!!!!

Get home, put bike away, start to run.....

Whoa! Running does not feel the same after riding your bike for 8 miles!

I ended up doing a mile with a run 1 minute, walk 1 minute pace. It was slowwwww, but I did it. 

So, I didn't get to swim yesterday, but I did bike 8 miles (while carrying a backpack full of swimming stuff that I didn't need) and run a mile afterwards. I felt like a pretty tough chick and burned 638 calories in 61 minutes. I'm cool like that.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.