Wednesday, June 12, 2013

How did you lose it all????

More more, eat less is usually my answer. Quickly followed by a, "1-2 pounds a week is all you need and in a year you'll be 100 pounds lighter". It's funny how I can apply that advice to other, but don't allow myself to follow those directions. It's so easy to get discourage when not losing fast enough. 

There are weeks when you don't lose and weeks when you'll drop 3-4 pounds. 

I was really good yesterday, really good. I passed on doughnuts, pizza (twice), and some yummy looking cupcakes. There are times when I will have pizza (last Saturday), cake (wedding this Saturday), and even doughnuts. Yesterday was the day before my weigh-in day. That combination of food would have led to a huge spike on the scale that I could explain, but still would not like. My body is super sensitive to sodium. 

I made good choices yesterday all week most of the week and the results are: I lost 1.7 pounds this week. 


Restart weight (5/29)- 213.6
Today (6/12)- 209.2


2 weeks- 4.4 pounds


1-2 pounds a week. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm making progress and that is exciting. More exciting than the numbers is how good I feel. I have more energy. My clothes are starting to fit better again. 


How did I lose it all? I lost it all my consistently choosing healthy. Not always, but consistently. I chose to lose it all. 

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.