Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fitbloggin' Bound

The house is really quiet, but in about 30 minutes things are going to be rockin! The family is taking me to the train station and I am headed to Fitbloggin in Portland. 

Nope, not scared. TERRIFIED!

I'm a pretty outgoing person, but I feel like I am late to a really big party. Many (in my mind it's all!) of these people attending already know each other. I  have two roommates. I don't know either of them. I have no stories that start with "Remember last year at Fitbloggin....". I have no amazing blog to share. My story, while important, is not uncommon in a large group of fitness bloggers. 

I'm going to miss my babies. (When do I have to stop calling them babies?) My husband is doing solo duty for 4 days. The longest I've ever been gone is 2. There are a million things to do at home.

Why am I doing this?

~ I am excited to meet many of the bloggers that I have followed for years. Some of them were the only ones that made me feel normal during my deepest struggles. Now I have to be brave enough to approach them!

~ I love learning about health and fitness. I get to hang out with other people who have common goals. People that "get" a healthy lifestyle tend to "get" me better these day. What, you don't schedule your day around your workouts???

~ The adventure is exciting and terrifying at the same time. 


I'm sure once I arrive it will be all good. When I left for college the toughest part was waiting for the plane to depart. *****DEEP BREATHS**** Going to hop in the shower, wake the family, and head to the train station. I'll keep you posted.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.