Monday, June 24, 2013

Never too late

I have a dear friend who loves to use the phrase "craptastic". I smile every time I hear her say it. Craptastic makes me giggle. Yesterday was craptastic when it came to my food choices: Mcdonalds for lunch (and not a salad), 2 pop tarts, a million miniature candy bars (thank goodness those are gone now), and a big slice of lasagna with garlic bread. Ugh! My stomach turns just thinking about it. I was full. Beyond full. I continued to eat. I was fully aware of what I was doing. Fullness aside, the eating continued. Driving home from a visit with my brother I remembered this post. Duh! Emotional eating at it's finest. Craptastic!

We were greeters at church yesterday, so I didn't work out before church as I usually do on Sunday's. The play was to workout after coming home Sunday night. Driving home, full as could be, I remembered that I had committed to running for 30 minutes. UGH!!!!! I am stuffed. What's the point? I've already ruined my healthy choices for the day. It won't be a good run. I just want to lay on the couch. Craptastic. 

It's never too late to make your next health choice. 

I felt like this:
Baby Girl Post Slumber Party

It's never too late. 

I gave my body 2 hours to recoup. Grabbed my ipad and went downstairs. I knew that I needed major distractions! I decided to watch "What to Expect When You're Expecting". Well, the first 30 minutes. I did my 30. It wasn't pretty, but I got it done. 

Guess what? You probably know the end of my story....

I felt better after my run! 

My running didn't undo my choices. That wasn't my intention. It did restart my focus. I'm up this morning and ready to go. Ham and Chesse crustless quiches are in the oven. My meals are planned. Today is a new day! The candy is gone.

****** Oh and Fitbloggin is like 3 days away! I am FREAKING OUT!!!!! My biggest fear is that I will be the lame chick in the corner that no one talks to. Please, don't laugh at me if I am brave enough to come say hi to you. *****



~Kari



About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.