Monday, August 29, 2011

Confession: Running scares me

I run.
I run because it clears my head.
I run because it gives me a great calorie burn in a short amount of time.
I run because I feel empowered when I finish.

Running scares me! The thought of lacing up my shoes and going for a run causes me anxiety. Once I start running all of those fears disappear. For example, tomorrow morning I am going to go for a run and tonight I am dreading the idea of running. It's so hard. I have to push myself the whole time. It's so hard. What if I fall down? It's so hard.

Why post this blog? One of my motivations for starting this blog was to encourage and inspire. Here's my encouragement for the day: You may not struggle with running. What do you struggle with when it comes to healthy living? Can you push through it just one more time? Tomorrow morning I am going to lace up my shoes and head out the door. What's your plan????

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.