Sunday, August 28, 2011

Gas Station Pizza

I took a break this weekend. I didn't exercise for two days in a row. I can't remember the last time I skipped a workout for two days. We were visiting family in eastern Washington and it was just way too hot to run.

On top of skipping my Sunday run, I also ate pizza at a gas station. It was the kind of pizza that folds in half when you pick it up by the crust because it is so loaded with toppings. Did I mention the grease? It was actually leaking through the box. The good news is that I was STUFFED after just one slice.

While eating my pizza and skipping my run I felt great. I felt relaxed. I enjoyed extra time to visit with family. I enjoyed rubbing the grease off of my son's chin. :) It was nice to not count calories (can you only imagine what was in the pizza?!?!). It was a relief to not worry about my heart rate monitor and the fact that (gasp!!!) I wasn't going to meet my exercise goal for the week.

You can probably already guess the ending....After putting the kids to bed I crashed on the couch. My weekend of overeating and little exercise has left me feeling bloated, tired, and a bit on edge.

I'm smiling! Here's why- It's ok that I overate. It's ok that I missed a workout. Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow I am going to make healthy choices. Tomorrow I am going to get in a great workout. Weekends like this help me to remember how much better I feel when I am making healthy choices. Looking forward to healthier options in the morning.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.