Monday, August 15, 2011

Longing to be Normal

How do people do it? How do they maintain a healthy weight without recording their food? How do they stop grazing when there is nothing holding them accountable for their food choices? I stopped recording this week and guess what?! Yep, I gained. Again, not a huge gain, but a gain. When I don't record these awful habits creap back in...

- having 2 (yes 2!) pieces of cake at a birthday party
- not drinking enough water
- extra pieces of bread with dinner
- grabbing a handful of pretzels several times a day

I feel like I need to accept recording as my "normal", but I don't want to. I want to be one of those people that just knows that they are full and that don't eat the cake because they just aren't in the mood. It took me close to 30 years of overeating to figure out that I don't want to live in an unhealthy body. Is it really going to take another 30 years to undo these habits?
~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.