Monday, August 1, 2011

My 100th Post!

I've been racking my brain trying to think of something clever to write about for my 100th post. I feel like the best way to celebrate my 100th post is to take a walk down memory lane.

October 1, 2010:
During my weight loss journey I often come to this waiting place. I am currently in a waiting place. My scale hasn't moved in about a week. No big deal, but not the usual. I do weigh myself every morning and every morning the scale does a little something. It might be up a little. Usually it goes down a 1/3 or even an 1/8 of a pound. When I hit my "waiting place" it stays the same no matter what I do. I can work out, eat more, eat less, drink a lot of water, drink no water. It stays the same! For example, I have weight 222.4 for 4 days in a row. The scale has not moved even a 1/10th up or down in 4 days. Strange, huh?

* Please note that I wrote this 30 pounds and 10 months ago (TODAY!!!) I still hit those "waiting places".

December 29, 2010
I did what I was told to do and there was no congratulation banner in the waiting room, no parade around the nurses station, no announcement over the intercom that I was patient of the year; just a near lecture on how I've lost a lot of weight quickly.

* My doctor has since moved and I am now looking for a doctor who can be more supportive of my weight loss and give suggestions for continued maintenance.

March 26, 2011
I weight in a 189.2. I'll take it! I've lost 167 pounds! After my weigh-in he took my blood pressure. Here's the exciting part- my blood pressure was 117/72. According to the American Heart Association I have a healthy heart! That is success!!!!

May 8, 2011
In a little less than 12 hours I will be in surgery. I am getting a tummy tuck and arm lift. I've been hesitating to post hanging skin pictures, but I figure that by the time most of you see these I'll already be in surgery and I won't look like this anymore. :)  I've really struggled with my excess skin- especially during exercise. It pulls, pounds, and bounces at all the wrong times. Clothing shopping has become a huge challenge since clothes that fit though my waist are HUGE in the legs or fit through the arms and are huge through the chest. I am anxious to get into the operating room and begin this new step in my journey.

July 1, 2011
Yesterday afternoon we rolled into town after a week long visit to Long Beach, WA. We had a fantastic time! The sun shone on our trip and there was only one day of really icky weather. If you know anything about the ocean in the northwest, you know that the weather can be very ticky at any time of the year. I am now able to cross off another activity on my "Must do now that I am skinny list". I rode a horse on the beach!


It has been such an amazing journey over the past 10 months. Thank you for allowing me to share with you as I work my way through losing weight and getting healthy. I have met some amazing people along the way.

Here's to another 100 posts!!!

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.