Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Great Juggling Act


Do you ever feel like this? There are days where I wish that I had octopus arms and 2 bodies to make it all work. I have to go back to work next week. :(
Twice this week I attended all day long trainings. I was too tired to get up before work and after work I didn't want to work out. Tonight I actually fell asleep on the couch while watching Clifford. Here is a "typical" day during the school year:
- Get up at 7:00 (I think it will have to be 6:30 this year...)
- Leave for work at 7:45
- Home from work at 3:30
- At the gym for workout by 4:30
- Home and dinner at 6:00
- Bed time routines by 7:30
- Kids in bed at 8:00
- Bed time for me at 11:00
Repeat again in the morning....

Somewhere in there we include soccer lessons, homework, special events at school, and taking care of the house. I am incredibly blessed to have an amazing husband who stays home during the day and works nights. He takes care of a lot of the household chores (cooking, laundry, grocery shopping), but there are things that a man misses when caring for the home.

I know that I can make it all balance out. The idea of juggling everything again exhausts me! Feeling overwhelmed tonight....

~Kari


About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.