Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Good Ole Days?

Do you have a favorite time from your past?
High school? College? Before marriage? Before kids?

A few days ago someone added me to a group on Facebook called "You know you went to **Insert name of school** when...". This group has exploded into a huge jumbled mess of graduates from the past 20+ years. It's been fun to reconnect with people from my past and read as others remember their time in college. For many of these people their college days were the "Good ole days". While in college I LOVED college, but I was so insecure. I had few friends. The friends that I had were amazing. I was terrified of social situations where I thought that my weight would come into play (sitting in booths in the student center, squeezing into the backseat of someone's car, finding a spot on the bleachers, going shopping with friends, etc). I desperately wanted to be popular, to be in love, to be a "cool kid". I was none of those things.

Don't be too sad for me. :) As I look back on the past I can see that today (right now, this very moment) are what the "Good Ole Days" are made of. Today is what I have. I have chosen to take care of my health so that I can make the most of every single day. I exercise and make healthy food choices so that I can make amazing memories to share with my family. I love where I'm at right now in my life.

This is by far my favorite time of life! What about you?

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.