Friday, August 12, 2011

Fit Friday

I love my Friday morning runs! Thursdays are my "day off" from exercise and I *usually* feel pretty good on Fridays. Here's my run from today:

I am running a 5k on September 10th with Free to Breathe. I ran this same race last year in a little over 43 minutes. My goal is to complete the race in less than 40 minutes. Today I ran a 5k in 40 min and 48 sec. Hey! I never said that I was fast. :) The route that I ran today was full of hills and the course for Free to Breathe is flat. I have my NikePlus set up to tell me the miles at 1/4 mile increments. My run today went like this: walk a 1/4 mile, run 1 mile, walk a 1/4 mile, run 3/4 of a mile, walk a 1/4 mile, run .62 mile.

I felt great after my run. It's not always like that. I ran on Tuesday and felt horrible at the end. Running, or any exercise for that matter, isn't about how you feel today. It's about lacing up your shoes and getting it done. Some days are easier than others. Sometimes you feel amazing afterwards, sometimes you want to puke. I've found through this experience that the days when it's the hardest are the days that I see the most growth. There is a strength to be found in taking care of your body even when you don't "feel" like it.

~ Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.