Monday, August 22, 2011

A Year Ago Today

Are you on Facebook? Of course you are! Everyone is on Facebook, right? They recently added a new feature that puts your status update from a year ago on the right hand side of your page. Here is my status update from one year ago:

Kari has officially lost 120 OR
a chunky model using SparkPeople.

Reading this today got me teary eyed. Since that post I have gone on to lose another 50ish pounds. I'm proud that I went on to lose another 50 pounds. I am prouder that I continued to keep off that first 120 pounds. When I first started losing weight I remember Dr. Phil saying, "The next year is going to go by whether or not you lose weight." One choice and one day at a time. I can't wait to see what the next year will bring.

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.