Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Where did that come from????

Yesterday was rough! In the middle of the night I woke up with a killer headache. I am convinced now that I am on the verge of a sinus infection. The pain started around my cheek bones and went all the way up to my hairline. I took some advil and felt better. I go in a 30 minute run, took Sissy to the library and the grocery shopping. By the time I got home the headache was back and I was toast. Thankfully the husband was home so I was able to climb in to bed and take a nap. 

My afternoon workout, Shred, was a no-go when I got up because my head was still pounding. A shower helped and then I was back in bed. Hubby was pushing fluids while cooking dinner while taking care of the children. I am one lucky woman! A quick call to my mom and the mystery was solved. Sinus headache! DUH! Hubby to the rescue once again, a few Tylenol sinus pills, and I was on the mend. (Oh, and a caramello bar- caffeine helps headaches- it's a fact!) 

Speaking of caffeine, the day before yesterday was the day I decided to give up my diet cokes. Yes, I know I've done it before. This time is different. I can't explain why, but it is. The headache wasn't from the lack of diet coke, unless my body knew my plan and was fighting against me as a preemptive strike. This is possible, I suppose. I survived a major headache without opening a can of pop. See, this time is different. 

The headache is still there, but not as strong. Going to take another sinus pill and hop on my bike for a long ride. Today is scheduled to be a transition workout with 12 miles on the bike and a 3 mile run. Not sure about the run but can definitely do the bike portion. Having a headache is hard work! 

How do you fight off soda cravings? Do you?

~Kari

About Me

My photo
On June 19, 2009 I started my weight loss journey. It has become quite the journey! As of today (2-1-11) I have lost 162 pounds and have gained a whole new life. This blog is a continuation of my journey. I hope to inspire and encourage others through my process.